Thursday, August 20, 2009

Earthy delight

I've been busying myself with landscaping ever since backfill time. There's tons (literally) of dirt to move around before I'm satisfied enough to plant grass, but it's very satisfying work and I had my dad out with me all day yesterday, so I don't think it will be too long until that part is done. It's exciting any time we get to any part of this which is the finished state. It's just in the past few days that it donned on me that I'll have to find a lawn mower at some point.

This past Saturday my friends Kurt Prond and Captain Andrew came out and helped me hang two doors on the west end of the house. It was wicked hat. Tonight it's so cool we shut all the windows, talked about firewood. Wheew.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Mike and family. You must be eager to move in, even if it's a long way off. Are all the doors and windows up now? Those new doors on the west side look great.
    -Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanging doors. How many more doors and windows to go? I love the thought of moving ground that you don't plan on moving again.

    I've left so many comments in the past month that disappear, hoping this one works.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive