Friday, February 5, 2010

Assembling the ceiling

I've heard it said that before you start a project you should make your best estimate as to how much money and time it will take and then double the money and triple the time and you might be close. I've found this to be generally true except when it comes to working with rounded shapes. In this case what you have to do to the time is septuple it, if you will.

Not that we're not having fun. Here's how this ceiling is going together:


1. My dad cuts out a thousand pieces of studs.



2. I nail them to the trusses and the walls.



3. 3/4" plywood, cut into an arch shape (also mostly by my dear Dad), goes on the studs.









4. Ribs are fit in between the arches










1 comment:

  1. Oh my the ceiling is beautiful. It is a true crown atop all those who dwell under it's glowing care. Love.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive