Sunday, May 2, 2010

If you build it... ?

We're back from a two-week-long break from house building. We took a trip down to Lower Michigan last weekend to visit friends and family, and celebrate birthdays, and play some music and dance. Erica took a class in Indian classical dancing. I played a couple shows with my dear drummer friend John Churchville and just last Saturday night, back in Marquette, Erica and I got to sit in on a concert with a big fun band.

Here's a slice of the cake my cousin Rachel made for Erica's birthday.


Aya Jane had the idea to tour waterfalls to celebrate her birthday. She got us out to some wonderful places.



The time away has been great for focusing our vision. When we are working on the house every week for months it gets kind of boring and we wonder why we're going through this. But in my quest for clarity during this break my message was continuous:

You have to build this house.

What comes next I don't know. I guess I don't need to know.

So yesterday I went back to the plumbing, rerouting a pipe in this tree so it doesn't go across the window. And running vents up to the roof, including cutting a hole in the roof. How often do you get to cut a hole in a roof big enough to peek out? It was fun for me anyway.


1 comment:

  1. I like the pipe tree, nice job moving them from the window. I am happy to be so behind on reading your blog, progress is happening, and it's fast when you read a month in 10 minutes.
    Thanks for all the sharing,

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive