Sunday, July 10, 2011

Insulation period

It's been a busy week leading up to this drywall party. We've had a lot of help, which keeps things light. The other day, when there were half a dozen people putting up insulation, Seamus asked his mother, "So, is this a insulation party?"


There is still a lot of insulation to put up, but the downstairs is pretty much ready for drywall. And upstairs a lot of the fussy parts are done, so I think we may get that done today.


I finally got the materials estimated on Wednesday and ordered them Thursday morning. We're expecting a truck Saturday morning around 9:00 I think, and it needs to be hand-loaded as I couldn't get a forklift truck at such late notice. So if you're coming Saturday and can make it there early-ish it would be appreciated.




Thanks Jim for the drywall hoist. I've never had the pleasure of using one of these, but so far I really like it.














The weather is supposed to be warm this weekend. I made a little path down to a bathing pool in the creek just upstream from our place. It might not actually be on our property, but it's real close.






Summer evening tacos with the bride and groom after much fiberglass and a swim, and before a hike up Oakytop to see the Big Bay fireworks. The fireworks were pretty far away and had some stiff competition from the moon over misty green mountains.





Nora and Jared have been staying out here for most of the week, bringing a wave of fun and energy to the project.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun building together. I love the trailer in this picture, though I've always been kind of obsessed with trailers. A trailer, a camp fire, what else is there really?

    You should drop a line some time. I'm at megan.of.newport@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive