Monday, October 17, 2011

Woodpile days

Well it's National Forest Products week, as you're probably aware. In case you didn't know, there's still time to put your inflatable Paul Bunyan out in the yard. The holiday comes at a good time for me as I'm done hanging drywall for a while, and on to gathering firewood.













I had nothing to do with this photo other than nabbing it off of a sculptor's website because it inspires me. -link- I don't think I'll be making sculptures this year other than the usual rectangular shapes (which I always find attractive).

Yep the upstairs drywall is all hung up now and cleaned up. The joints aren't taped yet but we're going to put that off until the downstairs is finished so we can move in very soon (~1 month?). There will only be a very basic kitchen and other plumbing as it progresses.

This is the fourth year in a row now that we set out in Spring with the goal of moving into this place before Winter's snow. Everyone's getting excited as it seems really close this time.




Erica and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary by staying the night out at the house without our children. And by taking a hike up 'Shattuck's hill.'

5 comments:

  1. Cool pic!!! I love the view as well. I am working towards having my own slice of U.P. heaven soon. Thanks for sharing yours with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your perseverance is inspiring, Michael. So, is your Ramada version of "Teddy Bear's Picnic"! Lichen the blog -- Alex (former MQTer and an old friend of Kristine Granger)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is so gorgeous in the U.P. Ona and Ari took us to the waterfall on Wilson Creek last weekend. Absolutely beautiful! Hope plans work out and you can move in to your home before winter. Ona and Ari will love having your kids close by. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving you and feeling love around me. Nice sharing, this seems touching, and I wonder if you are have fall sensitivities other than what fall often brings up. Strength is in you, and yes, just keep moving closer and enjoying the way. You are there.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive