Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The arch is framed- whew!




This is the end of the dance room where the arch meets the gable end. It's also the end of interior framing. It's always a relief to get to the end of anything, even if it is the first part of the above-ground building process!





Next to happen is the plumbing. I took my drawing of the drain and vent system to the inspector the other day and he answered my questions and told me the plan was up to code. There was a moment when another inspector stopped his cubicle to ask a quick question, at which time the plumbing inspector took the clipboard my drawing was on and held it up near his chest so the other inspector couldn't see. I think these guys are being generous to guys like me for helping do things well while not holding us to the letter of the code, carrying that burden of doubt on their own shoulders.




Tomorrow I plan to line up where the pipe is going to go and drill some holes. I must say I'm a little nervous.

If I don't get clear about it I have a couple plumber friends to run to. There's always trim and siding to work on.

1 comment:

Blog Archive