Thursday, March 11, 2010

Coming Along

We're enjoying an unusually warm winter these days. I'm sure there will be another storm or two, but it really feels like Spring tonight with soft rain falling. It's not even supposed to get below freezing for the next week. I'm happy to announce that the arched ceiling is framed in after weeks of work. Next job is to tie it to the outer wall with framing materials and to do that we first had to pull the wall back to plumb. It had bowed out over the past year and so I chained it to the other wall and squeezed them together with a come-along.

Why is it that chains and come-alongs get me excited? Maybe it just makes me feel like mighty-man to use my own body and some gears to do something superhuman. Bicycles are like this, too.

This warm weather is bound to make our road a mess. So this weekend might be a good one to go visit my friend who's putting tinted plaster on his drywall. It's an alternative to the standard mud-and-then-paint system that sounds appealing. If I can work with him for a day or so maybe I'll get it. Anyway my most faithful laborer is busy getting ready for a certain St. Patrick's Day party.
Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive